Tuesday, January 1, 2013

50 Books in 2013!

Okay guys, I'm serious this time -- for reals!

I'm really going to read 50 books this year, like starting today. Thanks to my Christmas gift, my new Kindle, I'll be reading at the gym a lot more often, so that's one way I'll get more reading time in!

I know I've said it before, but this time I mean it, and I'll hold myself accountable right here, on this page (and on my Goodreads page). 50 books in a year is about a book a week, 4.17 books a month, and gives a tiny bit of wiggle room for longer books. I'll put the titles and authors of the books I read, the day I start them, the day I finish them, my star rating for them, and I'll also show you what I plan to read next. Feel free to join or share your favorite reading suggestions in the comments section!

My goal is to always be reading something! This goal will surely blow any other book-reading record I've ever made for mys elf out of the water, so I'm excited to check this off my 101 in 1001 list and create some new healthy and stimulating habits for myself. Go me and literary pursuits!

Read in 2013:
1. Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf (my aunt-in-law): January 1st-8th,  ★ ★ ★
2. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen: January 9th-26th, ★
3. Stuart Little by E.B. White: January 27th-29th, ★ ★
4. Taken by Storm by Angela Morrison (another aunt-in-law): January 30th-31st, ★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ ★ 
★ ★ ★
★ 
★ ★ ★ ★ 
★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
★ ★
★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ ★ 
★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ ★ 
★ ★ ★ 
★ ★ 
★ ★ 
★ ★ ★
24. Marley and Me by John Grogan: August 15th-September 12th, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
25. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks: September 20th-22nd, ★ ★ ★
26. Toilet Training in Less than a Day by Nathan H. Azrin, ★ ★ ★
27. Ensign -- May 2013 compiled by LDS church, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
28.  Doug's Rooms: Transforming Your Space One Room at a Time by Douglas A. Wilson, ★ ★ ★
29. Ensign -- November 2013 compiled by LDS church, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
30. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No comments: