Wednesday, January 1, 2014

42 Books in 2014!

Okay, I didn't make my 2013 reading goal...not by a long shot. I know I didn't read much at all in November or March, but ultimately I read 30 books in 2013, so yay!

But let's focus on the future, shall we? I'm going to take things down a notch this year to something still challenging but doable. Last year I wanted to read 4-5 books a month, I actually read 2.5 books per month on average. So in 2014 I'm going to shoot for 3.5 books a month and make a goal of 42 books for the year.  I'll keep track right here for ya and also on Goodreads for those book nerds out there!

Currently Reading:
Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott
and
Cinder by Marissa Meyer



Read in 2014:
January
1. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch and Jeffrey Zaslow, January 4th: ★ ★ ★
2. The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Pötzsch: ★ ★ ★ ★ 
3. Night by Elie Wiesel, January 22nd: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
4. Young House Love: 243 Ways to Paint, Craft, Update & Show Your Home Some Love
by Sherry Petersik, January 24th: ★ ★ ★
February 
5. The Rosie Project by by Graeme Simsion, February 12th: ★ ★ ★ ★
6. Atonement by Ian McEwan, February 20th:

March
7. Animal Farm by George Orwell, March 2nd: ★ ★ ★
8. The Girl in the Green Sweater, March 8th: ★ ★ ★
9. My Story by Elizabeth Smart, March 19th: ★ ★ ★ ★

April
10. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale, April 16th: ★ ★ ★  

May
11. Above All Things by Tanis Rideout, May 15th ★ ★
12.  Bel Canto by Ann Patchett, May 23rd: ★ ★ ★ 
 

To Read:
• Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
• Cinder by Marissa Meyer
• Moneyball by Michael Lewis

No comments: