Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Three Days

So I went 3 days. Three pathetic days without yelling!

And what did I lose it over? Brushing teeth. Seriously. Alexa had been doing it herself the past few days and while 2 year olds are very dentally conscious and hygenically minded, I thought I would help her out anyway. That was a no go, and I yelled "just stop it! Let me help you!"

And that was that. I honestly thought I would do a lot better than 3 days...maybe I yell more often than I think...

On the bright side, I did figure out a trigger. I'm a bit surprised I didn't lose it over a poopy mess, but I think since I know those things drive me batty, I've prepared myself with a deep breath before I get her up from naptime or go into the bathroom. But after this morning and thinking about it for a bit, I realized I get really testy if we're running late. This morning I got in a rush and so I didn't have time to be patient or to deep breathe, I just needed her to listen right away no questions asked -- which happens all the time with 2-year olds!

In the words of my 6th grade self: NOT!

So I will begin again tomorrow, and see if trying not to be in a rush will help keep me from yelling. What a great day to start on, too...Thanksgiving! (Did I mention I don't like cooking and it really stresses me out? No? Well, now you know.)

Here we go again! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: