Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Create a Beautiful Future

"The best way to predict the future is to create it."

Perhaps more than anything since being at home with Alexa, my desire to create has been, how shall I say...lit with a blow torch. Seriously it's just about all I want to do: create somthing that did not exist before. Everyday a new inspiration, a new idea, a new project, a new plan, a new tomorrow. It's very exciting and very motivational! Here's a print I created for Aly's room last week. So cute and so easy!
  
We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.
Chuck Palahniuk

I want to create a home that my family likes to come home to. I want to create a little girl who loves her family, loves God, and takes naps! I want to create new meals that Nick and I love to eat. I want to create written compositions that inspire myself to create bigger and better things. I want to create lovely pieces of art to display in my home. I want to create a slimmer and healthier body for myself. I want to create knowledge. I want to create a wardrobe I enjoy and feel like I look nice in. I want to create a lovely patio so my family and I can enjoy it in the summer with friends. I want to create an environment that encourages exploration, learning, and fun. I want to create friendships and service opportunities. I want to create a joyful life.

 "How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself." 
 
Creative ambition is wonderful, until you realize you can't do it all. Then it's depressing. Aren't all these good things to do? So what's the solution? Well, I believe that it's transitioning my efforts from what I want to create to what God wants me to create. My priorities align, and I realize that I may not be able to do it all, but I can do what's important. If I allow God to direct my decisions on what's most important, then I know I'll feel great about what I created at day's end.

"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."

My creation efforts last week lead me to learning how to re-finish furniture, and the first friend I asked (who is one of the most creative people I know, and this is her Etsy shop) how I would do that directed me to this video as inspiration. I am now directing you to it because, as I learned, creation does not necessarily need new furniture or new skills. It needs you! So begin where you are and create a beautiful future!

"To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities."


"There is nothing like a dream to create the future."

No comments: