Thursday, April 28, 2011

1,826 Days and Counting


Boy, we look so different! Most importantly, I think we both feel different since that day. We feel better. Like better versions of those young kids.

Not like 5 years of marriage is enough to age someone significantly, but we really had no idea what we were getting ourselves into 1,826 days ago...but I think that's for the best--he may have backed out!!


You wanna know something? Before we got married I made a list of everytime I got the feeling that this was the right thing to be doing. One of those things on that list was something my mom said to me:
"He respects you as I as I do."

Another was something my sister, Jen, said to me:
"You and him would have a happy and loving home."

Another is something my friend, Rachel (really not me), said to me:
"He is so nice."

Ya know, I think I made the right choice. In fact, I know I did. There are many things my wonderful husband is not, but he has all the important stuff down! He even made a picture slideshow set to the tune of this wonderful song. Talk about a smoothie!

People say that your wedding day is supposed to be the happiest of your life, but I disagree. How can that day compare to last night, watching those pictures on that slideshow of the life we have built together, and then playing with our little nearly 10 week old daughter, and then going to sleep in our home that we have made our own?

If you couldn't guess, they don't even compare. Not even close!

No comments: