Friday, March 18, 2011

Right Here, Right Now


Four weeks ago right now I was in the nursery with this little girl watching her try out her new lungs during her measurement/torture session just after birth.

Now I am watching her fight sleep with that same gusto but a little less vocally...so far.

I wonder where the next 4 weeks are going to take us.

For now, I'm super content just being with my baby girl right here, right now in our rocking chair at 3:30am not sleeping together.

Thanks for the happiest four weeks, bugga-boo! It's been made up of moments just like this that have forever re-shaped my heart. That's where you grew inside of me, and that's where my love for you will grow forever.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so sO SO very happy for you three! I can't wait to meet her when you all come back to Oregon for a visit :)
I love you, Rachie, and I just want to hug you and Nick and grin like an idiot while I look at your lil' family!

BRZZ Odom said...

It's been a while since I checked in on your blog! SOOO excited for y'all!! Congrats! You were a great mom before you even had her, and I know you'll continue to be one ;)