Thursday, April 14, 2011

Because We Chose It

I would like to officially announce my entrance into the honorable ranks of stay-at-home moms! This is a big announcement which I am so thrilled to share with you!

Photobucket

When we have shared this exciting news with others (who can respond) some have said "It is so great that you can do that." I politely agree with them, because it really is great that we're in a financial position to do this. However, I do want to make the following point clear:

Photobucket

we are not wealthy, and we are able to do this because we chose it. My being at home is so important to our family, and it is apparent to us that people make priorities for things that are important to them. This is important, and we've made it a priority, and so we also make sacrifices.

Photobucket

But the sacrifices of prestige and a bit more money pale in comparison to my dream job in my dream location with my dream co-workers. This is a job I have been vying for ever since we decided we wanted to have children...and probably before then. There is nothing else I would rather be doing and no one else I would rather be doing it with. I mean really, look at these faces:

Photobucket

Although, I wouldn't argue if I was offered a raise.

No comments: