Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Formspring Question and Answer

Does it still hurt when family or close friends announce they are expecting?

I can only remember a handful of times it did actually hurt, and I remember the first time it didn't anymore. Once I realized that I did not want their baby or happiness, that I was just anxious for my own, it hurt much less. Jealousy is very different than that aching feeling, the latter I think is okay. I ache for our children and want them to be with us everyday, because it's a righteous desire, but not at the expense of another's family or happiness.

This thought has really helped me get perspective: "Who makes us feel that if God is smiling on another, then He surely must somehow be frowning on us? You and I both know who does this—it is the father of all lies." (Elder Holland, The Other Prodigal)

My sister is currently pregnant, and I seriously couldn't be happier for her and her family!! Besides, this means I'll be getting a new adorable niece or nephew soon, (my guess is nephew), and maybe we could provide a playmate for him/her! Yay for families!!

1 comment:

Jewls said...

Hey! I don't know you guys personally, but I've had your button on our adoption blog for a while. You look so nice and happy and since I'm posting about adoption every day this month to celebrate National Adoption Awareness Month, I decided to spotlight hopeful couples and immediately was drawn to you guys!. I hope you don't mind! I also hope it will bring you some good traffic and help you find your precious little ones!

If you have a problem with this I will totally remove the post! Thanks!
Julie

http://lanceandjulie.blogspot.com