Friday, July 2, 2010

Little Kids Always Have the Best Ideas

My 7 year-old little brother once told me that you can tell who bad guys are in real life because they always have red eyes.
 
Our nearly 2 year-old niece makes a sheep sound very similar to her lion sound.

Nicholas insisted, when he was a little boy, that his mom remove the crust from his pancakes.

This little guy roars at things that scare him, like dinosaurs.

One of my best friends in High School wanted to be a dog when she grew up.

Our nephew offered to give his dad all his birthday money because he knows his mom takes all his dad's money.

Nicholas' cousin's son (whatever he is to us) thought his baby brother in his mommy's tummy was not a baby, but in fact a bear.

When I was in first grade, I wanted to be an author of children's books, and a police officer in my spare time.

Our nephew (a different one) wants to catch a whale, an octopus, and a beaver (among other things) on his first fishing trip.


When was the last time you talked to a child and heard all about their great ideas?

1 comment:

Jill Elizabeth said...

This is one of my favorite posts ever. I love how little children don't stop to think what they think before they say it. They are who they are, plain and simple.

My nephew was working hard to master a new skill. After a few tries, he told his mom, "I'm learning so hard!"

Haven't we all been there?