Friday, June 18, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday

I started participating in this game a couple weeks ago, and I am excited to do it all again! Play along will you, from this awesome new site I found!

1. The best thing about being in school is...I feel accomplished. My last job didn't give me that, but now I feel like I am capable of so much more than I thought I could ever do!

2. The worst part about being in school is...when I want to have fun and be creative I sometimes can't because I have reading, projects, or emails to write. I enjoy learning, but it sometimes cramps my creativity style.

3. My favorite subject in school was...always music/choir/orchestra, but I really enjoyed my economics and public policy courses I took this past year. Talk about a 180-degree change! Who'da thunk it?

4. One subject I wish I could have mastered was...orchestra. I've played the violin since I was 5, and I still play in church, but I am definitely not as good as I ever wanted to be. Now I feel like I've missed my chance. I just can't practice for hours a day like I used to do.

5. I could never get tired of studying...statistics and making pointless numbers mean something to others because that was one major problem I had in my math classes, but applying that skill to different situations and applications and policies is how it stays interesting and relevant (see #4  on Nick's Thursday 13). But my guess is that my short attention span would not allow me to study one thing forever, which I'm okay with. Why choose just one thing?

6. The most memorable teacher I had was...my 4th grade teacher, Mr. Marquez, for a couple reasons. (1) He recommended that I skip 5th grade, which I did. (What 4th grader wouldn't?) (2) I got to name our class pet guinea pig, which I picked Oreo because his ends were black and his middle was white. (3) H taught me how to love reading. He read our class The Giver by Lois Lowry and that was the first non-picture book that I really devoured! (4) It was his motivation to think about our future that made me decide when I was 10 years-old that I wanted to attend BYU. There was no negotiating after that point.

7. If I could choose between going to school for the rest of my life or working for the rest of my life I'd choose...probably go to school. If I could just learn what I wanted to learn for the sake of gaining knowledge, and get paid enough to survive, school would win hands down! Although, I had another job interview yesterday, and I could do that forever I think...I'll tell you more about it if there's good news to share!


Happy News: I bought these adorable new shoes yesterday for $10. Yeah, it's okay to be jealous if your envy is over something this awesome! Sad News: nowhere to wear them...yet!

1 comment:

Faiza said...

thanks for playing along this week and answering my questions. i love the story of oreo and how it has stayed with you for so long.

good luck to you and nicholas in finding your family!