Friday, June 4, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday

So I stumbled across this blog and the author plays this game with her readers on Fridays. As I love games, of course I wanted to play! Oh, I want you to play, too! Let me know if you do by posting a comment.

1.  My dream vacation would be I think it would have to be Brazil. Nicholas spent two years there and it looks amazing, the people seem incredible, and what an experience it would be to hit up a soccer game, just to be part of the soccer insanity!

2.  The best trip I've ever taken was either my trip to London with my choir group when I was 11, or any number of the trips I've taken to Oregon since moving away from home. It is simply impossible to choose a favorite/best.

3.  The most important items to take on a road trip are newly burned CDs, Hot Tamales (the candy, obviously), your pillow, and great company!

4.  The next trip I'm looking forward to is a no brainer: TWIN LAKES! Every year Nick's paternal side of the family gets everyone together in Washington for a week in July to play with the boats, chat, and eat amazing food! And we're leaving in only 34 days! Which also happens to be one day after I turn in my final paper for my Master's Degree (perfect timing, I know)! I see some items on my live list getting checked off soon...

5.  If I had to pick one CD to listen to for a long road trip it would be  funny story: the last road trip we took (to Utah) we made some CDs and since Nick was hating on a lot of my music, I made a CD and called it "Don't be a hater!" On that CD I included the following songs (I really am an eclectic listener, so there is a lot of schizophrenic variety here. If you don't know a song, check it out, they're all awesome):
**Not all songs have a link because I either put them in a previous post or I KNOW you've heard them before**
Samson, Regina Spektor
Finiculi Finicula, The Three Tenors
Hate On Me, Jill Scott (I play this when Nick's being ornery)
Smile, Uncle Kracker
Modern Nature, Sondre Lechre
Beauty Mark, Rufus Wainwright
Lovely Rita, The Beatles
The Best Thing, Relient K
Come Go With Me, The Beach Boys
Run and Tell That, Elijah Kelly (from Hairspray)
Train Going South, Peter Breinholt
Single Ladies, Beyonce
She Talks to Angels, Black Crowes
No Doubt at All, Rockapella
Halo, Beyonce
Defying Gravity, Lea Michele (Glee, yeah I love it)
Best Days, Matt White
And I Am Telling You, Amber Riley (Glee, again, love)
Buddy Holly, Weezer
Girl on the Roof, David Mead
I Know Where I've Been, Queen Latifah (Hairspray, awesome soul)
Got to Get Home, Peter Breinholt
I Got the Sun in the Morning, Kim Criswell (Annie Get Your Gun, this isn't her version which is better, but you get the idea)
(I totally just realized I forgot about She & Him on my CD, In the Sun is GREAT!)
This list would absolutely include Jack Johnson and Michael Buble if I didn't already have entire CDs of their music already in the car at all times. Just FYI. And yes, I did fit all of these onto one CD, because I "you're not hardcore, unless you live hardcore," and fitting 24 songs onto one CD is so hardcore!

6.  The biggest disaster I've ever encountered while traveling  was  nothing immediately comes to mind, but one situation does stand out as particularly miserable, but wonderful memories: 5 people in 5 passenger Mazda Protege; we're all tired, sore, sunburned, and hot; middle of July; no AC; 19 hours. One word to describe: craziness...we were all hating every second of that drive, but misery loves company and we had a great time nonetheless!

7.  My favorite traveling memory is  one of the old school ones, which is pretty good: We were traveling to/in/around Cali to visit family with my grandma sitting in the front seat. The song "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan came on and when that happens my 3 sisters and I would pump up the tunes and just belt it out! After the song, my grandma said something like "you girls have the prettiest voices" and we're all thinking "uhhh, were you listening to the same border-line screaming horendousness that we were?" 
My grandma also described some spinning hubcaps as "darling"...probably not what the homies were going for. RIP Grandma, we miss you and your unintentional humor!

No comments: