Friday, November 9, 2012

Book Review and Special Offer: The Time Keeper

The Time Keeper: A Novel, Mitch Albom

I'm going to keep this review short and sweet. It was a short read, so it was no big deal that I spent the time on it, but I don't plan on reading it again. To avoid giving away any spoilers, my biggest beef with the book is that it got too science-fictiony for me in the end when the beginning started out as a fable. I could not connect to the characters problems, any of them. I liked his other book, Tuesdays with Morrie, but this was too far out there for me.

If you're looking for a good book club read, I'd recommend this one. It actually is great for discussing life and time in addition to it being an easy, quick read. We had a great discussion last week even though it was nobody's new favorite book.

Overall, I have to give this book
★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

On a much happier note, my aunt, Jennifer Shaw Wolf, has recently published her debut novel and the kindle version of her book is available for today only for the incredibly low price of $1.99! Seriously, what an insanely good deal!

So, what's the book? It's Breaking Beautiful and it is getting rave reviews everywhere, but especially with Amazon readers who have given it 4.5 stars and it has gotten 3.93 stars from Goodreads reviewers. Awesome! I bought my Kindle version this morning, and couldn't be more excited to get to reading it!

 

No comments: