Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Can We Skip Leap Day?

I read on a friend's Facebook status that leap day means nothing you do today counts. While I don't particularly subscribe to that philosophy completely, I do like the sound of it. Not that today was a total waste, but it could have been a lot better.

I'm feeling a little homesick. Not just for Oregon, but for my sisters (really hardcore missing them), and for my babies who are not here with us. Yes, I think that's what was up with me today. Not an excuse, just some reasoning.

Also, I'm feeling like I'm in a bit of a rut. Same old stuff to do, and same old excuses to make to not do some of the stuff. Not that everyday is without joy, because I really love my life, just today I was feeling the loneliness and monotony of Mommy-hood for some reason. Weird.

Now I'm being all melodramatic, so this post needs to be over. As does this leap day. Let's start fresh and anew tomorrow. I'm sure it will be loads better!

To end this post on a happy note, here are some pictures of the Bambino with some ca-razy bedhead after a nap a couple days ago:




Here's to a better leap day in four years!

No comments: