Monday, December 12, 2011

Music Monday: This Christmas Time


This Christmas Time, by Lonestar

So much to be grateful This Christmas Time! I posted this song last year when we were hoping for another little girl to be with us, but even though there's been a lot of heartbreak between now and then, there's been so much more joy and hope and love.

Yesterday during a conversation with a friend Nick and I listed the three top things we were grateful for just off the top of our heads. Here they are:

                                                        Nick's List                          Rachel's List
                                                       1. Family                            1. Family
                                                       2. Christmas                      2. Adoption
                                                       3. Home                             3. The Gospel

I think between the two of us we covered the most important things in our life right now. And in regards to Nick's second thing on his list:
"There are many things from which I might have derived good, by which I have not profited, I dare say," returned the nephew.  "Christmas among the rest.  But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round -- apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that -- as a good time: a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.  And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!"     A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens

No comments: