Friday, September 17, 2010

FormSpring Question and Answer

You've always been such a happy person and you and Nick are absolutely perfect together.  You both genuinely seem happy.  Besides the whole infertility thing, have you guys EVER had a problem??

Nope. Our life together is perfect.

Okay, not really, but I think we handle the problems that do arise very well. Everything is a "we problem," not a "me problem." This is a lesson I am still learning, and something I had a really difficult time with after we were married. Infertility was my fault and I needed to deal with it. Student loans were my fault and I needed to pay them off. Marriage is very difficult when you view the relationship as two people who love each other living under the same roof. Problems HAVE to be addressed by the unit.

Nicholas is endlessly patient with me as I still, on occasion, have episodes where I feel guilty about my weaknesses. He reminds me that "If [we] are not one, then [we] are not [God's]" (D&C 38:27). We are many things, but if nothing else, we are His children. That vision of who we are has been and will continue to be invaluable when it comes to our marriage and family.

And if we "genuinely seem happy" it's because we are! We have such a good life, we know it, and we look forward to the life God has in store for us!

No comments: