Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday Thirteen #15: Reasons Why Dad's Rock!

No this is not a late Father's Day post, this is a precisely on time 4 days after Father's Day post. Check your calendar!

The dad's in my family rock because...

1. they are the only ones who still send postcards.
Photobucket
My daddy sent these to me over about 6 months. While in Wyoming I returned the favor.

2. they know the importance of beauty sleep.
Photobucket
My daddy with his granddaughter, Kaitlyn.

Photobucket
Brother-in-law, David, with his sleepy daughter resting on his shoulder.

Photobucket
My daddy sprawled out in the middle of the floor. Classic.

Photobucket
Nicholas enjoying a relaxing summer nap this afternoon.

3. they have Happy Hands.
Photobucket
Nick's Uncle Wayne idolizing Napolean Dynamite.

4. they swim with seals.
Photobucket
Brother-in-law, Kacey, swimming on the Oregon Coast and got some friends to join him. Awesome.

5. they let you help with breakfast.

Photobucket
Nick's cousin, Rob, rolling croissants with his son Russell.

6. they are extremely masculine.
Photobucket
Nick's brother, Chris. 'Nuff said.

7. their daughters are pretty cute!
Photobucket
Brother-in-law, Brian, with daughter, Aysa. So adorable!

Photobucket
Brother-in-law, David, helping daughter, Kaitlyn, get in her pajamas.

8. they know how to wrap a gift.
Photobucket
David and Kacey have this little gift-wrapping war going on. Yeah, that's all wrapping for 2 very small gifts on the floor.


9. they threaten to throw sand at you.
Photobucket

10. they turn into excellent grandfathers!
Photobucket
Nick's dad hugging his grandson, Zachary, goodbye.

Photobucket
Us with Nick's father's father...the man who showed him how to do the whole grandpa thing right!

11. they make the candy come out of that darn pinata!
Photobucket
 David helping the kids out a bit.

12. they teach the importance of rocking.
Photobucket
Nick's brother, Greg, rocking out on Guitar hero with his son, Zachary.

13. they show no mercy in dog piles.
Photobucket
My 3 sisters and I had no chance and being sissy with our dad around. Hard core, all the way!

I seriously don't know how our family got such a high concentration of quality dad's in the entire world, but it happened. Yeah, they're kind of a big deal!

Happy Thursday after Father's Day Dad's!! 
You are remarkable (hence my remarking about you) and we love you all!

Although, I have to give props to two of my favorite Dads:

the man who raised me to work hard and play hard
Photobucket

and the man who works hard while I play hard
Photobucket

They are the best dad's, and they both mean the world to me!

No comments: