Sq Ft: 910 with an additional attached garage!
Bath: 1 (quite small)
Style: townhouse apartment, so it's 1 floor and someone is living above us
Lot size: we don't own any of the land, but we have a small patio area in the back which opens up to a small common yard. I think we'll be making some new friends!
Click on the link above for some pictures.
Now, it's a foreclosure, so it's not in the best shape. It's liveable, so we can work on stuff while we live there, but as it turns out, I am clueless on how to decorate/coordinate everything. So here it is, all my ignorance is going to be out on the table and I am looking to my blogging buddies to help me out! Leave a comment with your suggestions! A million thanks! I'll post pictures of what we decide to do and how things progress.
1. How do you make your home flow from one room to the next?
2. Can/should every room be a different paint color?
3. When choosing an accent wall color, does that need to match any other accent pieces in the room, or can it be completely different?
4. Our couches are brown, our wall decor is dark wood (cherry-ish), and bookshelves/entertainment center is oak. Is this okay and if so, how do I add some interest to all that brown?
5. How do you coordinate all the colors in a room (walls, furniture, curtains, blind, wall decor) so it doesn’t look sporadic or schizophrenic?
6. With area rugs on a wood floor, do you have to worry about matching the rug to the shade of wood, or is all wood neutral?
7. What are fun ways to decorate a home beyond family pictures that add some color that aren’t super modern (neither of us are trendy enough for that)?
8. What are interesting ways to decorate with family pictures (gotta represent!)?
9. What are some tricks to not over crowd a small bathroom, kitchen, or laundry room?
10. Do all appliances match all wood cabinetry or do they need to coordinated as well?
11. How do you effectively light up rooms with not a whole lot of sunlight and zippo overhead lighting (lighting options, color, decor, etc.)?
12. With our second bedroom, it is basically going to be a study, future baby room, library, or whatever else we need it for. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it look like a room and not a weird conglomeration of random stuff?
13. Are there great sites/blogs/stores you use for your decorating/designing inspiration?
Again, any help you could provide would be AMAZING! If you were here with me we'd go out to lunch and I would pick your brain for everything you have stored up in there, but for now, this the Internet is our cafe and our thoughts will be our feast. Send pictures of what you do in your home or links to things you love. Have some fun!