Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Change in My Life

Last Saturday night, instead of doing laundry or grocery shopping, I treated myself to a mini-girl's night while Nicholas went out with the missionaries. Someday I would like to expand this event to include others of the female gender, but for now it was just me, a bowl of popcorn, cherry sours, a couple blankets, and Julie & Julia. If you were wondering if you should watch this movie, you should! I thought it was great and Meryl Streep earned a Golden Globe for her performance. Now I realize it is a bit cliche to blog about a movie about blogging, but nonetheless, occasionally I am cliche-y, and I do what I want.

This movie energized me, which I always think is weird, feeling motivated after just sitting for about 2 hours. Recently I have been realizing that if there is something I am not happy with in my home or my life generally, I have the power to change it! Now, I also realize this is not a new development, but so many things in my life I feel are out of my control, and there is no reason to feel that way about everything. I love learning and trying new things, and that’s what my movie was about. It inspired me to document more of my personal accomplishments.


This is the first pie I've ever made which was for Nicholas' birthday last October. Nicholas' mom's recipe was fantastic and the crust was so flaky!
After living with Nick's parents for two weeks over Christmas break I decided I wanted a more organized and efficient home, which brought about this lovely hook-thing. Instead of having our hats stacked on the dresser and my belts rolled up in a drawer, I thought this would be nice.

For a long while now we have been wanting to get bedside tables. We found these at Target and spent an evening putting them together, which was easier said than done. Anyway, I really like them, and they're so convenient!

This is Nick's in use. We still haven't figured out how to use all the neat features effectively, but we do love having them available!

This is the first loaf of bread I have ever made! Now, I realize it's just banana bread, requiring no yeast, so it's not really bread, but still. I think it turned out well and I am going to make it a lot more often!

Yes, I gave my bread a photo shoot. So sue me!

Mmmm...the perfect snack/breakfast!

I wanted this picture to express the joy I feel while eating my bread; it just looks like I don't know how to eat without laughing!

This is my next project. I want to decorate this wall with something, but I really don't know what to do. I am very open to suggestions! We have a lot of family photos, but more is always better. However, I would like to do something a little more artsy...if you get my drift. We have a green theme in the front room, I just don't know what to do. Baby steps...

No comments: