Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Signature Style

Since moving to a new house in a new place I have been just a bit obsessed with re-decorating and re-organizing. Of course, some of that is due to necessity (moving from a 900 sq ft condo to a 1500 sq ft house requires adaptation), but some of it is that I am really eager to settle into my own style.

For those of us who are decorating impaired, we go into other people's homes and think how great everything looks and how well it all coordinates, even if we wouldn't choose it for ourselves. The problem is, we have no idea how to transform things we see and like into beautiful decor for our homes.

Enter Fieldstone Hill Design and their Decorating for Dummies program...or more nicely said "Style Bootcamp"!

It's a completely awesome series on this blog that teaches you how to Overcome Decorating Paralysis (my biggest issue and the best post I've read on how to begin decorating), Define Your Style with Photos, and Make a Signature Style Board. I devoured these posts and will now delight you with my own style board that I made. Enjoy!




I now have a dedicated Pinterest Board to My Signature Style as a place to collect pictures of not just things that I like, but things I would be proud to have associated with me and my home. Going through this series (and blog) is a wonderful naptime (or more) activity that I highly recommend for all you decorating dummies out there.

Just so you know, my "Don't Buy Word" is cheap and just thinking about that one thing has really changed my shopping habits already. Don't get me wrong, I still love a bargain, but it has to be more than that before I'll take it home with me. So glad I came across this blog!

No comments: