Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Dream Kitchen...or Is It?

It started with a distracting dream, then an idea, and now it's actually going to happen. Yes, we are really going to re-finish our kitchen cabinets and countertops!! The plan is for them to eventually look something like this:


as opposed to this:


I really can't explain how excited I am that this is actually going to happen. I am most likely underestimating the amount of work this is going to be, but I just got to keep my eye on the prize!

And as an added bonus, look what I got done yesterday when I had my do it switch set in the now position:


I purchased the fabric, framed it, and hung it! I know it doesn't seem like a big deal to some, but this project has been sitting on my washing machine for months and months all because I hadn't done anything like this before. Red is going to be the accent color in my new kitchen, which is awesome! It's going to look so classy!

1 comment:

Jenay said...

Good job, and yay for the do it switch! Mine must be working too cause I finally got my garden planted today. Good luck with the remodel(: