Monday, September 19, 2011

Music Monday

Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin, Op. 24: Waltz

So I started playing with a community orchestra as of last week. This piece was the first we played at our sight reading rehearsal, and needless to say, I nearly wet my pants. It's really hard! I am going to give it 3 rehearsals at least, practice a few times a week, and see how I feel. Hopefully I freshen up my skills and feel a lot better about the music after a few rehearsals. Also, if the conductor is a huge jerk, like Lauren says he is, then I may not want to continue, but we'll see if I can hide in the shadows enough not to get yelled at. I'm pretty sure my self-esteem couldn't handle it. Anyway, I'm excited to give it a shot, and if it doesn't work out, I know where to see some nice symphony concerts throughout the year!

No comments: