Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Anticipation Mounted? Check.

Since I finally feel as if I have adequately mounted anticipation for the after pictures of our new home (even though we're not really done and won't be for sometime) here she is.

I would like to name our little coven, like they did back in the in Little Women times (one of my all-time favorite books/movies!). Suggestions would be lovely!

Here is victory #1:
Note in the picture below the weird lame tiling around the top of the tub. Neither of us know what's happening there, but we both knew we wanted it out!
Photobucket


So, my awesome husband took care of that problem, and now...
Photobucket


He also attached a shower head since the last tenants took the existing one, but I forgot to picture that. But we've all seen a shower head, right?


Victory #2 (also bathroom related):
During the house inspection we were informed that the toilet has a leak and would need to be replaced. Simple enough, plus I like the idea that only our two bums have touched the seat surface...much less rest stop-ish. So, Nick went after this and after two tries of getting it to stay put, we have a working toilet!! Let me tell you, not have a place to relieve oneself is extremely inconvenient!
 Before...
Photobucket



After...
Photobucket


Victory #3:
In a previous post I mentioned that my incredibly handy husband was redoing the grout in the kitchen. To be honest, my before picture does not do it justice. It looked REALLY AWFUL...like someone gave the grout to a child to spread on the floor and then didn't even bother cleaning it up.

Messy child floor...
Photobucket



and now...

Photobucket


I know it's messy, but it's painted, has a fridge, and awesome grout which are all major improvements! Cleanliness and organization will come with time. Nick didn't mind doing the work because he got a new power tool to complete the job. He is such a boy!


Victory #4
You maybe wondering what I have been up to while it seems like my husband is the one getting all the work done.To be honest, he probably does work harder than me, but who's the one sharing all this exciting news with you? ME! But seriously, I expressed to you how much I loathe painting, because that has been my project. Nick and I both agree I do a better job at it than he does, so the bulk of painting responsibilities is on me. After I picked and re-picked appropriate colors, I cleaned, taped, and prepped the walls/rooms to be fabulous rather than peachy-pink.

Here is the non-master bedroom (a.k.a Study, Library, Music, and future baby's room) before...
Photobucket

and after...
Photobucket


This is the master bedroom before...
Photobucket

and after...
Photobucket

New carpet will be installed in both bedrooms hopefully tomorrow, but probably sometime next week. Can't wait!

And this is my favorite room before...
Photobucket

and after...
Photobucket

Seriously so happy I took the chance on the red! Both Nick and I really love it!

To treat myself for doing such a great job I played with my camera a bit. Fun effect I think!
Photobucket

That's pretty much everything we've gotten done so far. The more we work on it and the more time we spend there the more we love our quaint little home. We have discussed replacing the cabinets in the bathroom and kitchen before we move out, but I don't think that will happen soon. I am seriously so excited to get everything in place so I can start decorating!! More pictures to come!

4 comments:

Jill Elizabeth said...

I LOLed at the toilet bit - whenever I move, I invest in a new toilet seat because using one that the previous owners used just creeps me out.

Amber said...

I am so impressed with how much you have already done. You two have been busy----on top of everything else that is going on in your life! :) I would love to come by for a visit sometime when you are settled in.

The Greg Nelson Family said...

I love the colors!!! I look forward to colors in my house too. I really like the blue in the bedroom. Very nice!!!

Lauren Davison said...

Rachel, it's all so fabulous! Are you gonna put molding around the floor once the carpet is in, too? Kirby is always trying to find new ways to get power tools, too... silly boys... :)